Additional Recommended Reading
On Emotions (Supporting views on the power of emotional energy)
- Your Erroneous Zones, by Dr. Wayne Dyer. An introduction to the possibility of mastering my emotions.
- Healing Emotions: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on Mindfulness, Emotions and Health, edited by Daniel Goleman. Discussions in this book by scientists and religious practitioners.
- Molecules of Emotion: Why You Feel the Way You Feel, by Dr. Candace B. Pert. This book is a journey from understanding the biological functions of the brain to understanding emotions.
On the Mind-Body Relationship (Understanding how the mind affects the body)
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles, by Dr. Bruce Lipton. A scientific look at the way emotions affect genes.
- When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection, by Dr. Gabor Maté. An in-depth exploration of how emotions affect our health.
- The Brain that Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge. A clear and accessible introduction to Neuroplasticity and the importance of mindfulness and repetition in overcoming difficulties and creating better results.
- The Brain’s Way of Healing, by Normal Doidge. While still focusing on neuroplasticity, this book explores avenues for using the brain to heal physical challenges.
On Manifestation (Creating Results with purpose and intention.)
- The Power of Intention, Learning to co-create Your World Your Way, by Dr. Wayne Dyer. This is a wonderful and inspiring look at what Kathy calls Creator Mode.
- The Manifestation Wheel: A Practical process for Creating Miracles, by Alan Searle. A step-by-step guide to achieving the highest results in your life.
On Physics (Explorations – in mostly layman’s terms – Into the melding of quantum physics and our mental processes.)
- The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe, by Lynne McTaggart. This book gives The Law of Attraction a scientific foundation.
- The Holographic Universe, by Michael Talbot. This was Kathy’s first introduction to physics as it applies to the way the mind works.
- The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics, by Gary Zukav. Perhaps more science than some of our other recommendations, but it puts the ideas of quantum physics with the reach of someone without a mathematical background.
On Habits (Acknowledging, accepting and using habits)
- The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth behind Extraordinary Results. This book focuses on setting your priorities to accomplish what you want and then forming important habits to get you there.
- Good Habits, Bad Habits, The Science of Making Positive Changes that Stick, by Wendy Wood. This book explores the process of habit formation and suggests ways to focus on the habits you want to establish in your life.
- How to Change, The Science of Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, by Katy Milkman. This book presents a wide variety of techniques so you can choose the ones that may be effective for you as you endeavor to establish better habit patterns.
- Hard to Break: Why Our Brains Make Habits Stick, by Russell A. Poldrack. An exploration of the brain’s role in making and/or breaking habits.
- The Power of Habit, Why we Do what we Do, by Charles Duhigg. This is a fascinating overview of the habits that work in industry and culture as well as in individual lives.
On Self and Soul (Building a stronger relationship with your inner self)
- Walking on Water: A Step by Step Guide, by Rev. Claire Summerhill. This book uses a miracle story from the Bible to illustrate manifestation.
- Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling, by Dr. Wayne Dyer. This exploration into Partnership and Creation will help you choose Willingness over Willfulness and thus gain mastery over your results.
- Journey to the Soul, Connecting to the Truth of Who You Are Through Journaling, by Diane Dandeneau. Learn how to develop a personal relationship with the Divine for a more peaceful life.
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Victor E. Frankl. Frankl’s story of how his experiences in Nazi prison camps and how he stayed in his power.
- Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You were Meant to Live, by Martha Beck. This book offers wonderful guidance on honoring yourself and discovering your wholeness.
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom, by Jonathan Haidt. A wonderful exploration of the emotion of happiness and how it contributes to Creation.
- Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old, by Dr. Deepak Chopra. This book inspired Kathy to set the intention to be healthy all her life.
On Relationships (Additional ways to strengthen all the relationships in your life)
- Heartwise: Deeping and Evolving Love Relationships, Edited by Dr. Jim Sharon and Ruth Sharon, MS. Contributions by sixteen different authors (including Kathy) on how to improve your intimate partnership.
- Radical Forgiveness: A Revolutionary Five-Stage Process to Heal Relationships, Let Go of Anger and Blame, and Find Peace in Any Situation, by Colin C. Tipping